Isn't it funny how the lyrics of a song by a very talented 17-year old can still be so relevant even as an adult. No matter what age we are, it seems that we will always be looking to our parents for approval -- consciously or not.
As I was listening the new cd by Teddy Geiger in my car, the words from one of the singles really just reminded me that we all need our parents to just "let us fly."
Here's a exerpt from that song:
Thinking Underage by Teddy Geiger
So soon to say it's over. Lets see what happens later on. I'm 16 the world just opened wide. I've got a pocket full of change. I'm tired of thinking underage. Just cut this string and let me fly. Say goodbye, say goodbye.
Chorus:
Forgive me mom and dad If the music makes you sad. Nothing can prepare us for the day. When little boys grow old. And don't do as they're told. But I will find my way I'm just tired of thinking underage, Tired of thinking underage, I'm not thinking underage anymore.
Just like gravity, the ups and downs .Will always be ok with me. I am over all that underage can be so…
Chorus:
Forgive me mom and dad If the music makes you sad. Nothing can prepare us for the day. When little boys grow old. And don't do as they're told. But I will find my way I'm just tired of thinking underage, Tired of thinking underage, I'm not thinking underage anymore.
Monday, July 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment