Tuesday, August 08, 2006

the carrot on my stick

Ever since I got back from a three-week vacation to Australia last October, I've had an intense desire to go on another incredible, experiential trip. It was while I was in the "land down under" that I started to see a lot of marketing for vacations and holidays to Croatia. And it was also around the same time as when Matt Lauer did a segment on the Today Show for "Where in the World is Matt Lauer" in Dubrovnik, Croatia.

And so the quest for the next destination began, and I decided Dubrovnik was a must see along with three weeks of touring around eastern Europe -- Prague, Budapest, Zagreb, and the Croatian coast.

I have also racked up quite a few frequent flier miles, and have invited my 14-year old brother to join me on the trip to Europe. He was just an infant when I left home, so he and I haven't had much time together. He also didn't get to share in the amazing experiences I did as an expat living overseas, so this trip will be his first adventure outside of the U.S. I also think it will be good for him to be away from the 'rents for a few weeks and to feel some sense of independence.

Airlines tickets are confirmed, and we will be on our way to Prague next Memorial Day weekend. I love having something to look forward to, and things like this remind me why I earn a paycheck. So I can experience life...

1 comment:

redheadmomma said...

good lord, write something in your blog, wouldja?!

:) :)