Tuesday, September 26, 2006

let it lie

When Harry Met Sally (1989): "Can a man and a woman ever be 'just friends'?"

Sally: Just let it lie, OK?


Harry: Great! Let it lie. That's my policy. That's what I always say. Let it lie. Want to spend the night in a motel? You see what I did? I didn't let it lie. I said I would and I didn't...I went the other way...

Thank god for caller ID on the phone. Just missed another call from Ken. (See blog post from July 18 - this fish won't stay tossed.) The last time he tried to get a hold of me was in July and I never returned his call. And before that, the last time I saw him was Memorial Day weekend. Geez, don't I have enough exes running around this town that I don't need insignificant ones trying to resurface? At least he didn't leave another message. Maybe this time he'll "let it lie."

Is there a full moon out? This last week has been chock full of ghosts from relationships past. I guess I shouldn't be shocked if I end up running into A in the next few days or getting an email from M. That would pretty much round out the cast of 'characters' for the encore montage of "A 'Relationship' Carol" starring me as Ebenezer Scrooge.

2 comments:

Pen In Cheek said...

you're off the market...and they can smell it!
guess you're just too good to let go of :)

redheadmomma said...

I do NOT believe Ken called you!!!!!!!