Next month marks what has been a year of incredible reunions with dear friends from the international high school that I attended in Malaysia.
Last October I traveled to Australia to attend Gillian's wedding. I hadn't seen her since my family moved from Malaysia in 1992. And it was as if not a day had passed. Since I was traveling around Australia for three weeks, I was also lucky enough to reconnect with some other classmates (Mia, Sarah, Tom, Jamie, Beck) who lived in the country. Although it was an incredible trip for it's tourist value, the highlight for me was getting to spend quality time with people who have known me longer than many of my friends.
Then last May, another one of my girlfriends, Iri, came to Seattle on a business trip. She wasn't able to attend Gillian's wedding in Australia, so it had been nearly 14 years since I had seen her. It was so fun to have her in my town and to show her around. Such a wondeful time seeing her again after so many years.
And then what would you know....another one of our friends, Helena, is coming from the UK to Vancouver, BC for a few days at the end of the month. Again, another friend who had been unable to attend Gillian's wedding and 14 years has lapsed since I saw her last. I'm going to take off of work for a couple of days and head up to Canada to go see her, and meet her partner Fil.
Within 12 months, and after 14 years, I will have had the opportunity to see the three closest girlfriends I had while living in Malaysia. I'm incredibly lucky to have such great friends who live all around the world, and am so excited that I'm getting these opportunities to reconnect with them in person.
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment