Monday, November 20, 2006

the ex update

This week I got introduced via email to Rick's colleague's girlfriend. Patti's from Dallas, but she's trying to get a job out here to be closer to her boyfriend. I chatted with her on the phone for a bit and realized that her experience lends itself really well to the company that Jon works for.

I hadn't heard from Jon since our near encounter at the Citizen Cope concert last month, but I told Patti that I had a connection at that particular company via my ex and that I would forward her resume along to him.

So today I bit the bullet and sent Jon an email with her resume and he emailed me back within minutes:

I have been in Moscow most of the past few weeks. How are you doing? How is work? I was thinking of you the other day – can’t help but think of you and wondering what you were doing for Thanksgiving! Would your boyfriend mind if we were to get together for a holiday cheer (i.e. glass of vino)? I am serious – not the usual bs about getting together with no follow-up. Let me know if that would be ok. I will forward your friends resume.

I'm feeling really good about where I am at with Rick and feel that I am emotionally over Jon. He definitely has a place in my heart, but he's not meant for me. I do want to catch up with him though (as old friends) and just hear how things are going. Of course, I'd never do that if it bothered Rick, so we'll see....

2 comments:

Pen In Cheek said...

I wouldn't do it. Nothing good can come from it. Besides, this just seems like another episode of Jon wanting what Jon wants when Jon's not too busy for other people.

Sorry to play the part of the protective sister here, but I vote no. Not that you really asked me...

Pen In Cheek said...

p.s. Sorry, Jon, it's not that my boyfriend would mind, it's just that I'm way too busy and way too in love to dabble in the past!

(Gee, where's all this venom coming from?!?)

:)