Thursday, November 23, 2006

mystery revealed

We postponed our steak dinner until last night. On Tuesday, Zoe had been at the vet all day to get fixed, so we decided it would be better to make the steaks the following night.

I'd been thinking about what on earth Rick could be waiting for to be delivered, and had an inkling that I might know what it was.... and no, it didn't involved diamonds and precious metals and some of you had suggested. :)

As soon as I walked into his place, he motioned me to look into my bathroom. There on the countertop was this... Trinitary series by Natasha Wescoat.


We had been looking at some art online the other night. He had been looking at a really neat abstract guitar print called George and his Blues Guitar. He ended up ordering that one and the one I liked.

When he gave it to me, he said he was surprised that I hadn't seen his on Sunday when I was laying out all of the Christmas gifts I bought for my nieces in his spare room. In the corner by the closet door, his framed art conspicuosly sat there, but I was too engrossed in the Christmas presents to notice. My framed art arrived on Tuesday.

So now we're gearing up for a glut fest later this afternoon. I'm decked out in my overalls to ensure I can accomodate the expanding waistline. The turkey (our first turkey) is in the oven, my brother-in-law is in the kitchen whipping up homemade stuffing, all the while, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade blares on the downstairs televisions.

Hope you all enjoy your Thankgiving dinners and the obligatory afternoon tryptophan-induced naps.

1 comment:

Pen In Cheek said...

Beautiful...I love it! What a thoughtful gift.