Thursday, March 08, 2007

boost for the week

I got an email from Jaime one of my ISKL (the international school where I went for high school) classmates the other day. I had a chance to reconnect with him in Oct 2005 when I was in Sydney for vacation/work. And a year and a half later, he had a business trip that brought him to Seattle.

He and his colleague happened to be staying in Bellevue, and so I met up with them for dinner earlier this week and decided to show them true American dining with a lovely dinner at Daniel's Broiler.

I forget how much those Aussies drink when Jamie had finished a whole beer before I'd even had a chance to sip on my wine. We were decadent -- ordering big ol' steaks and bottles of wine.

We laughed, told stories and reminisced about people that we knew. Jamie's poor colleague had to sit there and listen to us. I forget how good it is for the soul to just stay connected with people who have a common understanding.

It's back to that whole international school experience. Jamie and I were laughing about the fact that we've spoken more to each other in the last 18 months (between my trip to Australia and his trip to Seattle), than we ever did while we were in high school.

Makes me even more excited to see Helena (friend from ISKL) and her boyfriend Fil when we go to Prague in just a few short months.

No comments: