As best I can tell, the storm has passed. I guess Dad really didn't know what was going on until Andrea broke the news to him. And so I'll assume he was caught off guard with this whole thing.
I still haven't talked to him, but I've talked to mom a couple of times today, and Andrea counseled Dad on how he should handle the situation when we do finally speak. Not that I feel this requires the whole family get involved -- because it absolutely shouldn't, but at least I feel like there will be enough time for Dad to internalize what's going on and put on his best game face.
The trip is still a concern for him -- making sure that my brother and I are the ones sharing the room on the trip. Of course, I don't want to make my brother uncomfortable with the sleeping arrangements, so I'll do what's most comfortable with him.
And mom has reassured me that they are not going to boycott my house when they come out to visit in August. She seems to be taking this all in stride. So we'll see how this unfolds...
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment