While I sit inside all day, I've been watching Tivo. Sadly all of the shows I have been recorded are over for the summer, so my "library" of recordings has dwindled. I then found The Wonder Years reruns were playing on Channel 3 and have started recording them.I loved The Wonder Years when I was growing up. I feel like Kevin (Fred Savage) was like a brother that I watched voyeristically through the tv tube. The story lines, the music, the love affair between Kevin and his childhood sweetheart Winnie. Yes, I loved that show.
It's been fun to watch episodes of the show that I missed while growing up. But the more interesting thing to me is realizing the target audience for this show.
You know you can always tell who the viewing tv audience is by the commercials. Watch Saturday morning cartoons and you get Easy Bake Ovens and Cabbage Patch dolls. Watch Oprah and the Lifetime Channel and you get Gynolotremin and Kotex maxi pads. So watching old reruns of The Wonder Years, I guess it should be no surprise that I'm being marketed Depends and Fixadent denture cream.
Better make sure I have some of that packed for the trip. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment