Black leather chaps? Helmet? Riding on the back of a Harley cruiser? This could be me in a few short weeks. Ever since Europe, Rick has had a hankering for the good ol' biking days. Not the sport bike "fast-bike, small-pee pee" kind of motorcycle enthusiast. He's more interested in the big, solid road warrior, touring bike. You know, the ones you see on the freeway where the guy in the full length beard is rolling along and the chick is on the back in her biker chick duds.
Rick has been riding bikes since he was a kid, and I know there's nothing worse than raining on the parade of a 37-year old kid. So I've been supportive as he's daydreamed about getting another bike some day. So it shouldn't have surprised me when he made a detour, before coming home from the driving range, to the local Harley dealership.
When he got home, he couldn't contain his excitement. He put $500 down to hold a bike that was on the showroom floor so that no one else would walk away with it. And then within the hour, he and I were heading back in his car so I could see the bike for myself.
It's actually not too bad, and with a back support for me, I wouldn't mind rising with him once in awhile. He's already conjuring up ideas for mini-road trips we could take to the islands or down the coast.
Of course this means we'll need to make room for the new addition to the family in the garage. So now I think it's just a matter of time and whether he wants to get the 2007 closeout model or wait for the 2008 models to come out next month.
Either way, I suspect I'll be getting some new outfits soon, complete with black leather chaps and riding boots.
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I soooo want to be there for that shopping trip!
"Not the sport bike "fast-bike, small-pee pee" kind of motorcycle enthusiast."
I think my hubs would take exception to that description Michele! =) Just popping in to see what you're up to.
When can we lure you down to Beaver-town??
You MUST see "The Long Way Down" in September. TiVo it! One of my favorite shows! It's about Ewan McGregor and his buddy Charlie going from one end of the earth to the other - well, almost. We saw "Long Way Round" - London to NYC via the long way round - on motorcycles. It was GREAT!
Post a Comment