Wednesday, July 25, 2007

it's official -- we're a harley family

I've been remiss in not posting more often. Life is a little chaotic right now at work. But, on the home front, we have exciting news. Rick bought his Harley last week and brought it home while I was out of town on a business trip.

I'd had a chance to see it, sit on it, and approve of it before I left on my trip, so it was no surprise when I saw the nice, shiny black hog pull up outside with the pipes rattling, and Rick dismounting to come inside.

I got home last Saturday and the very next day we were in the Harley Davidson shop picking out a helmet and boots for me. The protective leather jacket and chaps will wait for a couple of weeks until the Fall merchandise is available in stores.

Anyhow, Rick is a kid in a candy shop, and we're already making plans to do the Anacortes Oyster run in September. Sturgis will have to wait for a few years. :)

He has ridden his new bike to work, and his colleague Mark was green with envy, and blogged about his jealousy. So to hear it from a guy's perspective, I thought you'd like to read the "guy" review firsthand. Oh, and Mark has pictures of Rick and his bike on his blog too.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love the male point of view. I'm a harley brat myself, two dads and a brother in law, and never been a big fan of harleys, too rumbly, but don't tell Rick. You'll have fun though, biker chick.

Pen In Cheek said...

I still can't believe it. I have "chaps envy" now and feel compelled to go get myself a pair :)