Monday, September 17, 2007

should've known

I've been playing with my Facebook and MySpace accounts and found their new utility that let's you check to see if your "friends" who are in your address books also have pages. I did a search last week and ex-Andrew came up in the list. Just for my own amusement I decided to see what his MySpace page was all about -- especially since our history was based on the online world of Match.com.

Lo and behold, his profile is there -- though I can't see all of the details -- it says that he is 26 years old (lie! He's 37), that he's single (another lie! He's been married for two years), AND that he's from Redmond (third times the charm: Lie! He lives in Snohomish). At first I thought, well, it's probably an old, outdated page, until I saw that he last logged into the site in July 2007. Recent enough to know you have outdated details about yourself.

He and I actually still work in close proximity though I rarely run into him. I think maybe under five times in the last year and a half. But I was joking this weekend that the next time I see him, I'm going to call him on it. I mean after all, do you think his wife really knows that he's out there portraying himself as a single 26 year old. While I can't see his pictures or profile details, me thinks it's all a ruse to scout out unsuspecting women online.

So wouldn't ya know that I ran into him during lunch today. Surprise, surprise. Some trite chit chat. How's it going? What have you been up to? He shared with me that he and his wife are expecting and are due in 8 or 9 months. They found out just after their second wedding anniversary. Oooh. They're procreating??!!

And I chickened out. How could I tell the slimebag I saw his lies online when he just finished telling me that he's going to be a baby daddy? Plus, he'd probably think I cared enough to be proactively looking him up online.

Thank my lucky stars I tossed that problem out on his ass over three years ago.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a serious loser. Thank God you are rid of him and onto someone so much better. But...you can log into MySpace without ever seeing your page. I log in a lot to look at photos that friends have posted and it never forces me to my page. So mine still says "I don't want kids." Which is a lie but I don't want to fill out the profile info so I haven't bothered to actively go to my page. I'm a bad MySpace user! ;->

CheleTales said...

Touche, Nicole. I probably shouldn't assume he's aware that he's misrepresenting himself. :)

secretmom said...

Crazy on so many levels!!!

redheadmomma said...

dude, that is CRAZY. And you know what? Even if he hasn't updated it in a long time, his age is still totally false. What the hell?