Saturday, September 08, 2007

you've got to be kidding me?!

On the heels of my great fortune of saving money on the refrigerator, I was completely unprepared for what I found in my mailbox today.

Jury Summons, Seattle Federal Court

What?! Didn't I just endure jury duty? But instead of District court chock full of DUI cases, this one is for the Federal Court downtown in late October. I've heard those tend to be criminal cases that run at least a week.

I'm so not happy about this. I also need to schedule my wisdom teeth extraction. I wonder if that would be excuse enough to get out of jury duty?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Man, I've always wanted jury duty. But they never call me. I'm sure I'll hate it when I get it but I would at least like the chance.

Laura said...

You could always have the extraction, and go into the first meeting doped up on vicaden. That would leave a good impression...