Wednesday, October 31, 2007

hallo-giving-mas

It's Halloween and we're hiding out in a dark house because I didn't get candy, lest I eat it all. I'm no scrooge, but since we don't have kids to parade around in costume, Halloween is only really tempting if it involves the Showbox party (adults only) with beverage in hand. Despite the porch lights being off, we had a couple of stragglers, and Rick unwittingly answered the door not realizing it was Halloween. So I was left to scrounge up a granola bar out of the pantry. Subsequent door rings went unanswered after that.

Now that Halloween is behind us, all eyes are on Thanksgiving, the holidays and the new year. Where has this year gone? October was nuts, but now I'm anxious about having to get my Christmas shopping/shipping done in a few weeks. There's nothing worse than having to battle the mall crowds trying to find the perfect gift for "Aunt Joanie" and "Nephew Bobbie," and then to shuffle through lines at the post office just to make sure it arrives on time. I better get started on the lists pronto.

No comments: