It's been a long weekend. Mostly because Rick and I both thought he'd be up and about by now. As it has been, he's been running a fever on and off the last few days -- not normal for this kind of recovery process.
We called the hospital yesterday thinking that it may have been a reaction to the flu shot he received, but they seem to think he may have an infection. What kind, I'm not sure. Got a prescription for an antibiotic -- not sure why he didn't have one before.
So he's been laid up in bed all weekend, without any appetite, and has even lost 4 lbs since the surgery on Wednesday. Thank goodness he has a doctor appointment in the morning. This prolonged sickness/recovery has me slightly worried, especially when infection in the sinuses is way too close to the cerebral parts. He's supposed to go back to work on Tuesday, but I'm not convinced he's going to be in any state to be back at work in just a couple of days.
Other than that, the dogs have been proving to be boss around here, with Zoe leading the charge. If I hear those darn bells ring one more time (she's, er I'm, bell trained for the potty), I may flip my lid. I guess the good news is that I've had time to catch up on laundry, bills and work while tending to my sweetie's bedside.
UPDATE: The dr appt went well this morning. Rick, indeed, has an infection and so the dr has prescribed some stronger antibiotics. Unfortunately this means he's also on doctor's orders to stay home from work to the end of the week. I'm hoping he's been through the worst of it, and will be back to his healthy self soon.
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry to hear it's been a tough road. Hope he is feeling better by the time you have your surgery. If not, let me know if I can do anything.
Thinking of you! You're both in our thoughts. Hang in there, nurse!
Post a Comment