Rick had his sinus surgery today -- sinus cavity, deviated septum, and something else that I can't recall the name. All went well, although it didn't turn out to be outpatient as we had planned. We had to be at the hospital at 6 am this morning, and his surgery was scheduled for 7:30 am. The doctor came out around 9 am and told me that it'd be an hour to monitor him and then I could sit with him for the next hour before discharge.
By mid-morning, I could see that this was not going to be an "in and out" procedure. He was still bleeding quite a bit, and so at 1 pm, the doctor made the decision to admit him to the hospital for observation.
We've been there all day, and I've only come home for a few minutes to feed and let the dogs out and pick up a few items. The doctor will see him again in the morning, and hope to be discharged by tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks for all of your thoughts and well wishes!
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor Rick!! Get well wishes to him...talk to you Friday. :)
Oh wow, tell him we're sending well wishes his way!
lemme know how he's doing and if you need anything!
how's he doing now? Healing thoughts are being sent his way!
That's horrible. Just reading this now. Hope he is healing well.
Post a Comment