The opportunity of a lifetime knocked on my door in late September. And with a foot in the door, I got to do my "dog and pony" show in mid-November to make them see how great I was, and hopefully be the one left standing in the end.
The process took awhile, but I was hopeful. This was my destiny. I patiently waited to hear the results, tossing off the passing of time to it being the holidays. Mentally preparing for the imminent change to come. For when they posed the question, I'd be ready to say yes!
And the silence continued, and yet I remained hopeful. Until those hopes were dashed with a quick email that essentially said you're great, but we found someone who's a better fit.
I've been rejected. Something that I really didn't think would be my outcome. My disappointment cannot be swallowed, but yet I must now move forward and hope that another, more perfect door will open up for me. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy these next few weeks to disconnect with my daily responsibilities. A new year, a new day, a new dollar.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry to hear it. Been wondering.
Sorry to hear it. Been wondering.
Post a Comment