What a week. Between the professional rejection I received this week, and the escalating hostile work environment that Rick is being subjected to, we're both pretty exhausted on the job front.
So last night we sat down on the couch, opened up a bottle of wine, turned on the Christmas lights and submitted his resume to a couple of other places in need of good physical therapists.
We were in such a good mood that we agreed to open up one of our Christmas presents early. I gave Rick his diecast model Harley that is an exact replica of the motorcycle he bought in July.
And he gave me two big pink boxes filled with Victoria's Secret goodies....a pair of pjs, a robe, slippers and....my very first copy of the Spice Girls' Greatest Hits. :) I couldn't resist, so I handed him a couple of his stocking stuffers. Two CDs: Phish and Led Zepplin and a book called "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance."
With the bottle of wine polished off, we left our marquis gifts wrapped to open next Thursday before we head to Minnesota. And the ornament exchange will wait as well.
A nice little teaser to tide us over for the next week.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you two are so cute!
Post a Comment