Monday, December 03, 2007

getting into the spirit

Quite a productive weekend.

Saturday
While Rick spent Saturday hanging out with a friend going from guitar store to guitar store trying out Les Pauls, I went shopping with my sister and brother-in-law for Christmas presents for the nieces.

I'd tried to avoid the holiday mall rush, but alas, it was clear that I'd have to get out and brave the crowds. So with our first snowfall of the season, we braved the inclement weather and headed up to Toys 'R Us. Not having any kids, I'm so overwhelmed by all of the toys, and not really being very sure of what the "must haves" are for 4 year old, 8 year old and 12 year old girls. Hannah Montana? High School Musical? My Little Pony? What the heck is Pet Shop? It was nice to have Andrea and Jeff there to help me decide, and likewise to help them to pick out gifts for the girls.

Once home from shopping, I finally felt prepared to focus on the house holiday decorations. The pre-lit three-piece Christmas tree emerged from the attic. Boxes of ornaments, lights, stockings, and candle decor followed suit. It really didn't take me too long, and before I knew it, our livingroom had been transformed into a festive setting.

Onto the Christmas wrapping. Man, that takes a lot of energy and perseverance, but by 12:30 am, I'd wrapped all of the niece's gifts and the gifts for Rick's family, and set them all aside to be shipped to their destinations some time this week.

Sunday
The international motorcycle show was in town, and Rick was beyond excited to head down to Qwest Field and check out all of the bikes and gear. A colleague of his joined us for the day at the show. The boys perused the bikes and I was on the lookout for a Christmas present for Rick's young cousin. We were there for 3.5 hours walking all over the exhibit floor -- but we did come away with some great purchases -- two pairs of warm winter riding gloves and a pair each of his/her motorcycle chaps. Pricey, but a great deal.

I really need to put away the credit card for awhile....

1 comment:

Laura said...

You missed Rob by a day! He went up on Saturday for the show. Then promptly got stuck in Snoqualamie. You are brave - I will not set foot in Toys-R-Us until january.