Sunday, January 20, 2008

spur of the moment redecorating

We've been talking about it for a few weeks. 'Dem couches has got tah go. Everytime Rick sits down, he starts into a sneezing fit -- brought on by what we think is dog hair and dander seeped into every crevice of the couch.

They've served me well, my couch set. I bought them in '99 from a Bon Marche clearance warehouse. They've hosted out-of-town guests, survived two cross-country moves, and have seen me through my four significant relationships.

I was thinking we could have them for another few years, at least until we moved to Minnesota. But then Rick called me while I was at the travel festival yesterday to see if I wanted to look -- look being the operative word -- at some couches on sale.

And so near 5 pm, we ended up at Mor Furniture in South Seattle. And three hours later we walked out having purchased a nice Italian leather sofa sectional and a leather/microfiber round conversation chair.

So begins the process of making room for the new additions to our household. Steamed cleaned the old couches this morning, and the carpets since I was already at it. Just need to post some pictures online to sell them and the coffee table, and then our new furniture will be here in two weeks.

No comments: