Wow, Vegas was a whirlwind. Down there on Saturday and back on Sunday evening. But we had a good time.
First day was completely devoted to George & Aviana's wedding at the Planet Hollywood chapel. Just short of a drive through wedding. Our call time was 5:00 pm, it started at 5:15 pm and was over within minutes. The group stuck around long enough to take a few photos and then everyone disbanded until the reception dinner at an Italian restaurant at 7 pm.
Despite that our hotel room was across the street, we decided to spend the hour and a half in the casino. Both of us are total novices when it comes to playing the tables, so I suggested we first try our luck at video Blackjack where the bets were in the 25 cent range. Five dollars is a small enough investment to see if you really get the hang of it. At first I was excited to be up $2, but as time wore on, I lost all $5. Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. Even if it's just for two measly bucks.
Dinner was interesting. We sat across the table from some other folks who'd traveled from Washington as well. Mostly idle chit chat, while we waited for our pick of three entrees to get served. I went with the chicken parmigiana. Drinks, however, were our responsibility since the couple doesn't drink. We kept it pretty low key, and by 10 pm, I was exhausted and ready to hit the hay. So much so, that we even missed the fountain show at the Bellagio -- and we have a window view!
On Sunday morning, we took our time getting up and wandered over to Caesar's for breakfast since the lines at the Bellagio were unbelievable. We had to leave for the airport at 5 pm, and had a few hours to kill, so we first took a shuttle over to the Harley Davidson store (of course) to check out the LVHD gear. We walked away with a couple of items each to add to our collection of Harley gear.
And then Rick wanted to see the golf course at the Wynn. I hadn't been down to Vegas since 2002, so the Wynn and Palazzo are both new to me. The Wynn was beautiful and the golf course amazing. The weather in Vegas left much to be desired. Two days earlier it had been in the 80's. We arrive into town and all of a sudden it's raining and windy. I was freezing walking outside.
Our pit stop on the way back to the hotel to retrieve our bags was Harrah's. Now that we'd graduated from video Blackjack, we wanted to try our "hand" at the real thing. I wanted to seek out a $10 minimum table, but ended up opting for a $15 min table with no one but us. It was great to have the dealer all to our selves. And within 30 minutes, I'd made $35 and Rick had doubled his $100. We closed out and walked away to cash in our chips. Now that's the way to enjoy Vegas.
A few hours later, we were on our flight home, briefly said hello to the dogs and then it was back to the work week.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment