Saturday, March 22, 2008

signed, sealed...

Not delivered quite yet, but come November it will be. Kyong and I have locked in our reservations with the tour company for our trip to Cambodia and Laos in seven months. And then this morning we jointly called our airline of choice to book our First Class/Business Class frequent flier award tickets to get us from Seattle to Bangkok and back again. Woohoo!

With the big stuff out of the way, all we need to do now is book a couple of in country flights to get us from Bangkok to Chiang Mai for the start of the excursion and then from Siem Reap to whichever Thai beach resort we want to spend a week at, before then heading back to Bangkok for the return trip home.

Having spent so much time researching and planning the last trip to Eastern Europe, I'm actually looking forward to a trip where I just have to show up and someone else does the thinking for me. :) Not to mention that Kyong is a even more voracious trip planner than I am, so am so happy to have her take the lead on all of our extracurricular vacation plans while we're over in SE Asia.

3 comments:

secretmom said...

that sounds like so much fun!

Laura said...

If I wasn't so happy for you on this upcoming trip, I'd scratch your eyes out - first class on trans-oceanic flight? You rock girl!

Pen In Cheek said...

You are going to have the time of your life!

I can't wait to read your write-up and see the photos from this adventure!