Yeah, I bet that got your attention. No, we're not engaged. But we are embarking on another kind of commitment, or lack thereof. We're meeting with a personal chef this week to see if it makes sense to relieve ourselves of the responsibility to make dinner every day, cut down on our dining out expenses, and have someone else who is focused on making us healthy meals that we can reheat and take to work.
I don't cook. I never have. The extent of my kitchen prowess usually lies in a box labeled "just add water." And more recently, it's been a battle of "what should we have for dinner tonight" followed quickly by Thai? sandwiches? Red Robin? You get the picture. And our checking account has too.
So having added up all of the money we spend collectively and independently on lunches, take out, groceries, and then realizing that we really aren't satisfied with the food that we do get when we go that route, it starts to make sense that we need to try something new.
Enter Incredible Chef -- who the way, comes with references, so I feel quite comfortable with our choice. She basically meets with you to find out what your dietary needs/preferences are, and then together you chart out some menus, quantities, etc. She then comes over to your house -- when you're not there --with necessary groceries and cooking utensils in hand, and then proceeds to cook up several meals to tide you over for a couple of weeks. Portion sized into tupperware for freezing and reheating. Sounds like my kind of meal.
What do you want for dinner tonight, honey? Frozen turkey chili, salmon, pork tenderloin? Coming right up.
I can't wait to get her on board and start reaping the benefits of a personal chef. Much like DVR and a housecleaner, once I go with a personal chef, I suspect I'll never go without again.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Karen is great...tell her 'hi' for me.
You are soooo fancy, you!
sounds like a great idea!
Post a Comment