This weekend has definitely given me the feel for what it's like to have to care for a geriatric dog. All in all, Beaux seems to be getting better, though his balance is still off, and so with that come nausea and not wanting to eat. Totally uncharacteristic for my hearty-eater.
The most inconvenient issue is that he isn't holding his bladder so well. And for the most part, it's not been too bad since he's been in the kitchen with us when he pees all over the floor, making it really easy to clean up.
Did I mention that we have Rick's 87-yr old grandma in town, along with her sister, brother and his wife? We spent all day yesterday driving from one end of Puget Sound to the other. Not sure how they were able to handle it as I was quite exhausted from sitting in the car all day.
The dogs had a low key day at the house. Zoe is now sans stitches and her cone, so as you can imagine, she's a bundle of energy. Beaux is starting to zip around the house like a drunken dog, even climbing the stairs to try and find me.
While everyone was downstairs chatting, I decided to get into our room to bring out my clothes for work and the gym as Grandma and her sister and staying in our room during their visit with us and we're on a surprisingly comfortable air mattress. Beaux had followed me upstairs and as I'm in the closet contemplating my wardrobe, I hear him peeing. There he goes! Ugh. I lost it. Seriously. I just let you out. I do begin to wonder that since we haven't been getting upset with him about peeing in the kitchen that he thinks he can now be completely lazy and not hold it at all.
I sure hope this is a few more days vs. a few more weeks. The doggy diaper isn't really working for him, and I'm not sure I want to be cleaning pee stains up for the next month.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment