Sunday, December 21, 2008

look ma, no hands!

Mother Nature has decided that since we couldn't make it to Minnesota this year, she was going to give us a little bit of the Mid-West right here in our own backyard. Fortunately the high winds didn't impact us and we are fully juiced with power.

Rick spent the morning making homemade chili in the kitchen and I picked up around the house. In an effort to save money, I fired the housekeeper a few weeks ago. I'm still getting used to the idea that I need to sweep, vacuum, mop and clean countertops, toilets and sinks.

With the kitchen filled with the aroma of chili and the biggest snowflakes falling outside, we decided to take Zoe out to play in the snow. I donned my skiis (they can be used for downhill or cross-country) and we launched off the patio into the greenbelt behind the house. Who needs mountains or ski hills when you've got 9" of snow out back? :)







1 comment:

redheadmomma said...

love your pictures! Love this snow!!! :)