Tuesday, April 13, 2010

a change of pace

What little furnishings we have for the cabin, it's all now moved in. We spent Easter weekend loading up the U-Haul with all of the miscellaneous items needed for basic weekend living -- couches, beds, dishes, clothes, etc. The packing part was easy. Every time I thought of something that we needed, I just packed it up in a box and set it aside in the spare room.

Rick had his right hand carpal tunnel surgery a few days after we got back from Hawaii, so he couldn't lift anything. So I sent him out to the cabin to meet with Sears delivery truck that was brining our new appliances.

Easter also brought some winter storms across Snoqualmie Pass, but fortunately by the time the moving truck was loaded up, the snow had begun to melt on the roadway. By late Saturday afternoon we had new appliances and all of our furniture moved in. And by the time I went to bed (in our new house) that night, all of the boxes had been unpacked. Woohoo!

Still lots to do in terms of getting the weekend household set up. Of course I'm tethered to work, so getting internet set up was priority #1. And the only option is DSL which means that we had to get a phone line. After filling out a 10-page credit applicaition to get phone and internet, we finally had service set up by last Friday. I left work early so I could get out there to pick up the modem since they are only open M-F, 8-5 pm.

Now if we could just get cell service out there. I've researched my options and sadly it seems that we are going to have to switch. After 10+ years with T-Mobile, we're going to switch to Verizon so we can stay connected with friends and family during weekends and holidays.

So with most everything in it's place, last weekend was just about settling in. My sister and brother-in-law joined us out there and we took a walk around the area to explore. First it was just me and Andrea, only to find out that Jeff had been trailing us the whole way taking papparazzi style photos of us walking. Rick met up with us down by the river with our two dogs and so we all decided to walk along the river. For dinner, it was nice to christen the new BBQ by grilling up some chicken.

Sunday was more walking. Rick and I headed out the back with the dogs to explore Suncadia. There's so much to explore there that I'm looking forward to spending my weekends outside instead of my usual tv watching.

This weekend I'm heading out there on Thursday evening, so that I can be there first thing Friday morning for the garage door guy, the propane tank inspection and a few other odds and ends that have to be taken care of during the weekday hours.


1 comment:

JRE Writes said...

so happy for you! soooo gorgeous! wish we still lived there!