Thursday, December 02, 2010

it continues

8:21 am -- Just received a call from Linda. She tells me she's had a stroke and that it's caused damage. I asked her if she went to the hospital and she said no. She says her brother is coming down to pick her up and take her to the hospital. Ask me if I believe her, not that it matters.

I tell her that the apartment manager is not happy and will likely need to turn her apartment over to someone else. She said she would call me later from the hospital.

I'm now turning over the reins to Rick to deal with the apartment complex.

4:43 pm - All quiet today. I tried calling Rick several times to no avail. So I came home a little early to find a napping husband.

"Did you buy your mom's train ticket?"

He groggily wakes up. Uh?


"Yeah, your mom's train leaves in 30 minutes. Is she there? Did you buy the train ticket?"

Oh shoot. No.

"And of course, your phone has been on silent, so no one could reach you. Good thing I came home early."

His mom actually made it to the train station. And this time it would have been Rick's fault.

Well, sounds like she'll be here on Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. I am whisking you away to Napa, renting you a condo perched above a lovely vineyard, and pretending I'm clueless when I return to Seattle without you.

UGH!!! Sending you love and hugs.

Nicole

redheadmomma said...

UGH UGH UGH. hold your ground. hold on to your happiness. hold on.