The baseball game was fun -- though I must admit I didn't really watch much of it. The first three innings were spent at the Concessions with loulou trying to find her elusive veggie burger, while the guys were at the seats watching the game (without their dates). As we were coming down the stairs to find our seats, R turned around and looked up and caught my glance. giggle giggle
I was really looking forward to sitting down next to him to chat and get to know him better. He seems to have so many facets to him -- sensitive, creative type, a musician, and a physical therapist by profession. As we sat there and talked (not watching the game at all and totally not engaging in conversation with loulou or her date), I marvelled at how much of my interests overlap with his. The game ended before I knew it and I wasn't ready for the evening to be over quite yet, and it seemed to me that R wasn't quite ready to end the evening either. Good sign, I'd say.
We walked down the street to a quaint Irish pub with a live band and continued to talk, laugh and dance. It was getting late and I knew it was going to be ever-so painful to get up on time the next morning to leave for my weekend trip. Before we left the pub, he asked if he could see me when I got back. And so....
Last night he made me a nice, romantic dinner a top of his roof deck. We feasted on his thoughtfully prepared meal, wine in hand, and enjoyed a gorgeous sunset with the water and the mountains against the backdrop. It was the most perfect evening ever.
I can't wait to see him again. He makes me feel so silly and giddy. Now I'm left with this silly little permagrin. For once, I am optimistic about this one.
thank you loulou!
No comments:
Post a Comment