What was really refreshing is that neither of us felt the need to pre-plan anything. We just relaxed and played everything by ear. Nothing like a quiet, lazy weekend together to see if this is could be a real relationship in the making.
Ran some errands, watched a movie, did some grocery shopping, went to the dog park, and generally just hung out and watched the dogs play in the backyard.
- Quiet night at home. We're so sappy. :) We curled up on the couch and watched "Sleepless in Seattle." I loved every minute of it. Now how many guys will actually give in and watch a chick flick. Next on the list? When Harry Met Sally. Hey, gotta milk it while I can.
- Picking out produce. Now those of you who know me, know that I set foot in a grocery store once every six months, and even then it's to buy toiletries. Since R likes to cook (and I clearly don't know my way around a kitchen), we made a grocery list and ventured out to the store. It was so fun to shop with R and pick up things for dinner.
- The most delicious dinner. Seasoned halibut, a fresh spring salad, baby red potatoes, and asparagus. Yummy! I could get used to this kind of pampering.
- The dog park. His puppy is only 11 weeks old, so it was her time at the dog park. It was so fun to watch Zoe (his) and Beaux (mine), running through the grass. Beaux thinks Zoe is a pain in the ass, but I can't wait until she gets bigger so she can hold her own. For now he just ignores her when she wants to play. The trip to the dog park was cut short when Beaux decided to pick a fight with a Golden. He's never done that before, and it really scared me -- especially while we were trying to break up the fight. I was so glad to have R there to help me separate the dogs and restrain Beaux. Fortunately both dogs were ok, but it left me shaken and shattered a little of my trust in Beaux.
- Puppy training. With easy access to a yard at my place, I think Zoe has made some strides in potty training. She'd whine at the door to go outside and we'd let her out. She'd then run around in the yard and do her business, and R and I would go sit in the swing while the two dogs ran around. Of course, there were still a few accidents, but with a cute puppy face looking up at you, you can't get mad.
The weekend ended too soon. (I'll say that's a good sign.)
And so what is Test #2? Attending a wedding. R's friend is getting married on Saturday and he's asked me to be his date. It will be interesting...our budding relationship juxtaposed against the backdrop of another couple's new beginning together.
No comments:
Post a Comment