Friday evening I got a call on my home phone, and it wasn't a telemarketer. I never use my home number, and the fact that it showed up as a wireless number, I answered the phone.
caller: Hello, Chele?
me: Yes?
caller: Hi, this is Deven. I found your phone number in my cell phone.
me: Really? Hmmm. I don't know who you are Deven, and I didn't give you my phone number.
caller: Well, I have your phone number in my phone.
I'm now beginning to think this is some practical joke, and that my brother-in-law is somehow connected.
caller: I got this phone from Jeff, and I thought I had cleared out all the old phone numbers.
me: Well, Jeff is my brother-in-law. So you can go ahead and erase this phone number out of your phone. Have a good weekend.
So I immediately called Jeff.
me: Hey, do you know a Deven?
Jeff: Yeah.
me: Thought you'd like to know he just called me. Apparently my phone number was in the phone you gave him, and felt compelled to call the number.
Jeff: That's weird.
me: Uh, yeah. Anyhow, thought you should know he called me.
I must say it was one of the weirdest interactions I've ever had.
Monday, July 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment