Wednesday, August 23, 2006

breaking up is hard to do

No, not me. Things are still fabulously wonderful with R.

I've found a new, guilty pleasure... Breaking Up with Shannen Doherty on the Oxygen channel.

The last few months, my Tivo hasn't been getting it's usual workout, so I was in search of some new, mindless, guilt-filled shows to watch, and I saw an article in People about the new Shannen Doherty show where she breaks up with your significant other for you.

I saw a couple of the episodes last night, and let me tell you...if you think you've ever been in trainwreck relationships, you have to tune in to see these. Although it's not always about breaking up. The episode I saw last night had a couple who had been together for 5 years, she had a "promise" ring, they lived together, but the boyfriend wouldn't actually propose. So she had Shannen give him the ultimatum on her behalf -- "it's now or never."

But the classic one was the former beauty queen who was dating a total toad. When Shannen went to break up with him, in mid thought he asked her, "are you ovulating?" What on earth crack is this man smoking?? Hopefully being exposed on national television will put out the APB to all women to stay away from these toads, players and otherwise relationship-stunted menfolk.

Definitely a new summer favorite for me.

No comments: