My sister is still nursing her emotional wounds from last weekend's unfortunate verbal altercation with my mother. She shared with my some additional details that I somehow missed. In addition to telling my sister she was "whoring around," she then went on to pour salt in the wound by saying that she would never get married or have kids.
But if you still question my mother's emotional stability, you won't believe this one. She actually opened the car door while my sister was driving 70 mph on the freeway to get out of the car. Not only endangering herself, but I suspect my 9-year old niece who was sitting in the backseat and witness to this whole fiasco. If Mom doesn't get the help she desperately needs, I'm afraid one of these days she might actually going to get herself killed in the process.
And then there's the issue of Mom and her own driving ability. It has deteriorated to the point where she becomes disoriented and gets lost going home in her own neighborhood. She is not a safe driver, and moreover, it's not safe for others when she is on the road. I've asked dad to take away her keys and driver's license, but since I don't live there or see them very often, who knows if she really is off of the road.
She's never been formally diagnosed since they think she's got a combination of disorders, but Borderline Personality Disorder is the closest thing I can find that describes her behavior. It's terrible, but sometimes I think it would be easier if she was afflicted with Alzheimer's disease rather than a tumultuous, erratic chemical imbalance.
Monday, August 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment