Monday, October 16, 2006

inevitable

Uggh. I just realized that this Saturday may be D-day. I had a near miss at the Snow Patrol concert because R was sick when I ran into J.

Citizen Cope is playing this weekend and I got us tickets. There were two shows -- 21+ and all ages. Since I'm not to keen on the teenage crowd, I got us tickets for the 21+ show on Saturday night.

After I bought our tickets, I found out that J was taking his boys to see the concert on the all ages night on Friday night. Or so I thought....

I just looked at the website for the concert, and it says SATURDAY is the all ages night. Agggh. I need to check my tickets at home and make sure I have tickets for Friday night now, otherwise, it's almost certain that R and J will be meeting face to face this weekend.

3 comments:

Pen In Cheek said...

I'm glad you're thinking ahead. I say take a few moments to sit back and visualize how you'd like it to play out. Ask yourself what the "ugh" is behind the two of them coming face to face. If you do a dress rehearsal in your mind, then the odds of being taken by surprise decrease greatly.

Forgive me if that all sounds a little woo-woo...I've been going to yoga :)

And enjoy the concert with your new love :)

redheadmomma said...

if it's bummin' you out, you could always bag the tix and do something else, like go to the opera - I may be dragging D to it on Friday night - it sounds like its' a really great comedic opera. ;) I know, not really the same, but it won't have J there. :)

CheleTales said...

I really don't want to change my plans just to avoid J. Otherwise, I'll probably never get to go to another concert again -- given that we both enjoy the same stuff.

And nothing against the opera, but definitely not my number one. :)

Plus, by suddenly not going to the concert, it may signal to R that there's something more secretive going on than there is with J.