I've been thinking about the potential run-in with J at the concert. I'd decided to see when J had his tickets and that if they were for the same night, then the best thing to do was diffuse it ahead of time. Let J know I would be there with R, and then give R the heads up that we might possibly run into my ex-boyfriend at the Showbox.
Well, J must have been on the same wavelength as me, because he sent me a text message last night asking me what night I had tickets to see the concert. I responded with Saturday night and asked him which night his tickets were for. He confirmed my suspicions -- we both have tickets for the Saturday night show.
Now that was out in the open, it was my turn to tee up the issue of me +1. I texted him back..."Looks like we'll might bump into each other. If so, then you'll likely meet R, the guy I've been dating. Really looking forward to the concert. Maybe I'll see you there."
He responded saying that he would be there with a date, his oldest son and his son's friend. And that if he saw me, he'd say hello, but not bother me.
Not sure what to expect. I hope that if we see each other, it's not awkward. I really wish that J wasn't taking a date. I think I can handle it if he was to bump into me and R, but I'm not sure how I'm going to react to seeing him with someone else.
:( Oh well. It's reality. Now I just need to give R the heads up in a way so that he doesn't think that this is a bigger deal than it is.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment