Monday, October 30, 2006

it's a quickie

Loads going on at work, so I haven't had as much time to think, ponder and purge on the blog. But I thought I'd take a moment and at least give a nod to some of the highlights of the weekend.

Move over, Wie
Ok, I'm no golf prodigy, but I just might invest some more time and see if I can become one. :) R took me to the driving range this weekend. Other than having play some miserable games of miniature golf, I've never held a real golf club in my hand.

The weather was beautiful, so we got a bucket of balls, settled into a spot on the driving range, and R pull out a wedge to orient me to feel and the mechanics of a golf stance and swing. Very patient this man is. I felt like a complete moron, and could only laugh at myself when I would make a HUGE divit in the grass or miss the ball completely. Of course the other guys walking by joining in myself deprication and gave me a hearty smirk as well as they walked on by.

Hands a little sore. Joints a little worn. A new interest has been born. I think I might actually enjoy doing this more often. And the bonus? I get to enjoy it with my guy. :)

Shannon and Kelly
I finally got to meet some really good friends of R's. They live about an hour and a half away, and so it's been tough trying to schedule time to see them. We finally were able to make plans to go to their new house (in the middle of BFE) yesterday. R knows Shannon (a guy) from Minnesota, and Kelly (his girl) is the icing on the cake.

I knew this was a big deal for them to meet me. R told me about his last "girlfriend" who met them and Shannon and Kelly pretty much 86'ed her immediately. Of course, from what R has told me about her, I can see why. Anyhow, I knew I would be under the microscope and wasn't sure what to expect, but as soon as I met them, I knew I was "in."

We had a lovely time grilling out, while R's puppy played with their two pugs. After three glasses of wine, the puppy "love" became the source of entertainment -- Zoe and Brody trying to figure out doggystyle.

Kelly and I had a chance to sit out on the back patio and have "girl talk" while the boys stayed inside and watched football. Now that we're fast friends, were looking forward to having them come up to visit us (with the pugs), and plan a fun weekend.

1 comment:

Pen In Cheek said...

I can't take it any more! It's too sweet!