Friday, December 08, 2006

all quiet in the peanut gallery

So before I go on vacation for a week, I thought I'd write and dedicate my 87th blog post to my dutiful readers. Can you believe that I've actually had 80+ topics to write aimlessly about? Me neither...

But back to the post at hand. For my wonderful friends reading my blog, you're here because you've been hand picked to share in my innermost thoughts. And as I write, it's each of you I picture, pretending that I am sharing these inane stories with you over a glass of wine.

For those of you who've stumbled on my blog by some strange reason...welcome. I'm sure that most of my stories don't make sense to you, but if you continue to be a loyal reader, perhaps one day you may have a general sense for the players on my life's stage.

As you can probably tell, I post because it's fun for me. It's a way for me to get things off my chest and to share things that I might never say in person. Or better yet, to spare you from having to hear me tell the same story a million times. I see this--strange as it may sound--as my diary. A way for me to easily chronicle for myself the things going on in my life.

Some of you have told me that you're reading, and I can always count on a few of you to remind me that with your comments, this is a conversation. And so to you, thank you for your comments! It's like getting a Christmas gift in my inbox, and I always look forward to seeing your comments on my blog posts.

And so to the rest of my friends lurking on these pages, if you have something to say, I encourage you to take a few minutes to drop me a line occasionally -- whether by posting a comment here or sending me an email -- and remind me that there you're still out there, keeping current on my storytelling. Every bit of validation goes a long way for me. :)

Hope you all have fun and exciting holiday parties to attend this week. Talk to you when I get back from Minnesota!

1 comment:

redheadmomma said...

I use my blog for a day-to-day memoir-working-through-stuff or general malaise as the case may be. :) For me, since I really don't want to put a lot of stuff in my scrapbook pages that's true and real and not that positive, a blog is a good complement to that. I mean, I really don't want to scrapbook that my kids are driving me f-ing bonkers that day, or that I'm having a bad-mother moment. I love that you're blogging because I find out a lot about you that I normally wouldn't know about.