Yeah! Another big week for us. Yesterday was the 5-month anniversary since our blind date at the Mariners game. Of course we're so busy this week getting ready for the trip to Minnesota tomorrow. Yes! We leave tomorrow!
Rick wanted to head over to Seattle to Easy Street Records to pick up a Christmas gift for his nephew, so we'd planned to meet up at his place, and head over for some quick shopping and a nice dinner.
He was a little late getting home, and I wasn't sure what was keeping him. Turned out he had stopped to get his car washed and his haircut. But when he walked in, I saw that he had also stopped to pick up a beautiful, red rose for me. Very sweet.
For dinner, he really wanted to try out the Italian restaurant I'd be raving about. Redhead Momma had introduced me to La Fontana, and I had been there several times with them, but Rick had never been. It's a delightful, quaint and cozy Sicilian place without all of the hustle and bustle of other Seattle restaurants. I ordered my favorite tortellini gorgonzola, and he ordered the cannelloni pollo. Lovely, romantic dinner. The entertainment for the evening was a couple sitting at the table kitty corner to us who were clearly drunk and making out the whole evening.
After dinner, completely stuffed, we zipped over to the record store and picked out a gift before heading home for the night. Boy, I was exhausted.
So the next adventure begins. We're heading to the airport bright and early to catch our flight to Minnesota. Near this time tomorrow evening, we'll be walking into grandma's house with everyone there to greet us. I actually think they're planning to have Christmas dinner and gift exchange tomorrow night. Not nervous to meet the rest of the family. I feel like I know them already, so it will be interesting to see if they're how I imagined.
I'm also really excited to see where Rick grew up. He pretty much grew up in a small town and so I will get to see his elementary school, where he worked through high school, meet some of the friends, and hear all sorts of stories. Can't wait to share the trip report when I get back.
Friday, December 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
take pictures for us, or blog if you have a way to do so! I will miss you this week!
hooray, i'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear about Minn.
My backyard is waiting!!!
Post a Comment