Tuesday, January 02, 2007

back to reality

My badly needed "break" from work is over. I've survived the first day back. Somewhat glad to have more structure to my day again, but sad that my responsibility-free weeks are over. Not really into New Year's resolutions, so here's my best attempt at what I need to "get with the program" for 2007.

Focus. Lots of projects at work, and I need to get out of the vacation mindset so I can re-engage fully.

Eat Healthy. Not liking the way my pants are fitting today. That's the problem with wearing yoga pants for two weeks straight -- I'd no idea how quickly 5 lb can creep on. I'm in the market now for a bike trainer so I can take my rarely used bike and get some stationary use out of it.

Organize. Got the itch to purge all of the clutter in my home. I had a good headstart with Rick's place last week. Now I have to buckle down and really clean out and get rid of all the unnecessary things I've accumulated over time.

Experience New Places. Six months until we head to Prague, Budapest and Croatia, and I'm the self-selected travel agent for me, Rick and my brother. Need to lock on our inter-country travel and accommodation reservations soon!

Family Bonding. The whole clan is coming out to Seattle in August -- the last time we were all together was for my sister's wedding two years ago. Being it's on our home turf, Andrea and I have some planning to do for this extended family of 17.

Get a Handicap. For golf, that is. I just invested in a new-to-me set of clubs. Rick's got a hankering to play more. I want to learn, play and have fun.

Spontaneity. Spend less time planning out everything, and just enjoy what the day brings. We've had a few day trips here and there. I want to have lots more exciting adventures and experiences -- day trip to the coast, driving through the Cascades, watching the sunset.

New Horizons. Getting a new roommate. Yes, the boy. No specific date, per se, but he's already let his landlord know that he's planning on moving out of his condo. I should probably start thinking about giving up some closet space.

And above all else, embrace (or endure) whatever else comes my way.

1 comment:

Pen In Cheek said...

This sounds really good. Just go easy on yourself come what may (I think you already committed to do that).

Happy New Year!