Hats off to all my mommy friends and dog mommies. I don't know how you guys do it. Beaux is still sick, and it hit last night in it's full glory.
On New Year's Eve when we were at Rick's, I saw Beaux squatting. Seeing that he was not feeling well and that I wasn't going to be able to get him outside, with as much speed as I could, I ripped off some paper towels and slide them underneath him to catch everything. It was almost comical then. Not anymore.
Now back at my own house, I had been asleep last night for an hour or so, when I was woken up by the sound of what I thought was Beaux vomiting again. He hadn't done that since New Year's Day. I tried to snap out of my groggy state and turned on the light. Just around the side of my bed, was a huge mess of diarrhea. Ughhh. I thought he was feeling better. No throw up or accidents all day.
I scrounged up a roll of paper towels and the Nature's Miracle, and sat myself on the floor wiping up as much of it as I could. Oh My God -- the smell is going to kill me. Air freshener. Must find air freshener. Finishing off the roll of towels, I shoved all of the towels for disposal in a plastic bag and promptly took it out to the garage.
Beaux was laying back on his bed, and I decided to leave the door to the bedroom open in case he had enough sense to get downstairs and at least get on the tile before his next incident. I attempted to go back to sleep, but the smell was overwhelming. I reached over to my nightstand and lathered on some scented lotion on my hands and kept them near my face as I curled back into bed. If I can't clear the room of the fumes, then I'd try to mask it as much as possible by keeping my hands as close to my face as possible.
I must have gone back to sleep, because at 5 am this morning, I was awakened again. This time, I was certain he was throwing up. I'd fed him some canned food yesterday, thinking that his stomach would be ready to consume some soft food. Not so.
Since I had used up the first roll of paper towels, I ran downstairs to get another roll. And then the horror. Running down the stairs, I stepped into something. Runny poop!! On my stairs! And to make matters worse, it had gotten on the hem of my pajama bottoms. So before I could do anything else, I went to the bathroom, peeled off the pants, washed off my feet and then went back to attend to the mess ahead of me.
And then I looked at the stairs. Vile. I think he must have squirted on every step. Is this a test of my parenting skills? Resigned to the fact that I was not going back to bed any time soon, I started to soak up the mess. Beaux was standing at the top of the stairs. I almost had a heart attack as I saw him squat again.
Beaux, no!! Outside, now. He just looked at me blankly, and I watched helplessly as he made yet another puddle of poop at the top of the stairs. As soon as I could, I got him downstairs to the tile. I can handle tile messes. Carpet messes, not so much. He went straight to his bed in the laundry room while I focused on regaining my sanity and sterilizing my home.
It took me a good part of the hour, four rolls of paper towels and three plastic bags of refuse. I looked online and the vet opens at 7 am. So I'll get him in there first thing.
I turned on the light to the livingroom, thinking it would be a good reliever of frustration to blog. And then I saw it, the Christmas tree skirt. Good God! Where else has he gone? My poor pup is really not doing well. I then sat down to attend to yet another mess, Beaux still closed up in the laundry room. At least I know where he is, and can contain the madness.
I had hoped it was over, and then I opened the laundry room to see how he was doing. Runny mess on the floor and his bed. Mamma mia. I can't be mad at him. He must be miserable, dehydrated and hungry to boot.
Well, the vet opens in 30 mins. I should probably get ready for the day so I can get him to the vet and then head off to work.
I hope they can help him feel better. I don't think I can handle much more of this.
Update: Beaux's at the vet now. They're going to keep him for the day, give him some x-rays and do some blood work. He is really lethargic now and didn't want me to leave him. Breaks my heart. I hope that they can do something for him.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OH MY GOD! WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!! That is far worse than anything that my kids OR pets have done. Let me know when a good time is, and we can drop off our big carpet for you with detergent.
Post a Comment