Thursday, April 26, 2007

ahem, sista!

Yes, I admit it. I watch The Bachelor: Officer and a Gentleman. It's an addiction for me. I started watching the first season out the gate. I had just moved to Atlanta. My boyfriend at the time had stayed back in Seattle. I had a miserable job and no social life. Television became my companion. And so began my long-standing relationship with the Bachelor series.

Though I will admit, the show has now jumped the shark. Good grief. What keeps me watching? The dumb chicks on the show who have no idea how shallow, immature or irreverent they really are. And the dolt for a "leading man." C'mon, who really believes that silly, disgustingly expensive sports car is really his. A product of the producers.

Anyhow, a friend of mine sent me a link to a weekly column that recaps the show, but not by ABC, rather The Sports Gal on ESPN.com. I have never laughed so hard. Now, she truly is a gifted, comedic writer.

But I will say two things. Rick is now hooked on the show as well. And I will put my stake in the ground now -- I predict the two finalists to be Tessa and Bevin.

1 comment:

Pen In Cheek said...

"because, gosh, it's so rare to get a positive fortune cookie."

perfect.