Tuesday, May 01, 2007

as time slips by

Where has the time gone? I feel like I blink and the weeks keep flying by.

Last Saturday was my first time to play out on a golf course. All this time, I've been practicing at the driving range or at the chipping green. Andrea and Jeff were heading out to play a Par 3 course and so we joined them. I had to get over my fear of whacking my ball and hitting someone, and finally warmed up to a decent game by the time we reached the 7th hole (out of the 9 we were playing). The most excitement happened when I hit my first par on a hole. Well, technically a Bogey (one over par) because my first shot off the tee went into the water. Now, if the rest of the game could be as smooth as that.

We also finished up clearing out the spare bedroom of miscellaneous boxes and donation items as a result of Rick's move. And we bit the bullet and switched out the master bedroom bedset to the spare room. I have this huge pine bed that I've been hauling around for years, and we thought it was high time to move my novelty bed set to the spare room and give our guests the impression that they are staying in some remote cabin. Some of Rick's friends are coming up to visit us this weekend, and so that was the fire that we needed to get our butts in gear and "get 'er done."

I have so many home projects on my list. Another one I just added this week is to do some planting in the backyard along the edge of the patio. I'm not sure if I'll have a spare weekend to do it before we leave for Europe, but I may be super ambitious and try to fit it in.

Europe. I can't believe that we leave in 5 weeks. I think I have most of the things that I need (for the most part). Now it's just the details. And so much going on between now and then -- friends in town this weekend. I'm hosting a baby shower in a couple of weeks. I may have to do a quick business trip to NY at the end of the month. Rick and I want to do a 5K walk in Kirkland this month. Pack it all in, that's my motto.

The dogs. Well, Beaux is slowing down quite a bit. I'm actually a little bit worried how he's going to take us being gone for so long in June. I also started looking into board & train options for Zoe. She is a piece of work. Constantly whining to get our attention, ringing the bells at the back door to get let out when she just wants to run around. Obsessing about balls she rolls under the couch and then scratches at the carpet until either Rick or I get on the floor to get it for her. I feel like I'm at her beckon call. When all I want to do when I get home is collapse and rest. Some rigid training and structure may just be the thing this 11 month old puppy needs.

Work is good. Just added another person to my team, so little by little I'm expanding my job and my team's responsibilities. Just means work is requiring more of my time these days.

And last but not least, a shout out to my cousin on her birthday! Hope you had a great day.

No comments: