I feel like it's been forever since I sat down and blogged any updates. So here's my feeble attempt to catch you all up on what's been going on.
The Move
Rick informed his landlord that he plans to be out of the condo by the end of May -- right before we leave for Europe. The reality is that he'll be out of there before then. We've been bringing things over slowly but surely. His clothes and shoes, then his desk and computer, his pantry items...It's actually made the "move" less stressful since other than his bed, we're not planning on moving any big items.
But as with any move, there are the side effects.
High time for this to happen, but since we are doing the furniture musical chairs, we thought it would be a good idea to clear my log-cabin inspired bed set to the spare room, and finally paint the baby blue master bedroom that I've been living with since I bought the townhouse 3.5 years ago.
Of course, no home improvement project can stay contained, so now we're also thinking of redoing the counter tops in the kitchen with granite tile, repainting the yellow kitchen to a warmer, more inviting color and selecting a new neutral color for the hallways.
Must Have Been a Power Day
Something was definitely different last week and I was really enjoying it whatever it was.
Unsolicited Compliment -- some random guy walks past my office, does a double take and then stops in my doorway to compliment me on the color of my shirt. "That shirt really compliments your skin tone." Huh? Thanks for noticing random guy.
Score in Entertainment -- our office got our allotment of baseball season tickets, and I got to get tickets for the Tuesday night game. Four in all, with a parking pass. Going to take Jeff and Andrea as pre-payment for watching the dogs while we're in Europe. Gotta butter them up now. :)
Whole-y Free Food -- stopped by Whole Foods on the way home from work. With Rick on the phone, we were discussing our vegetable options. I asked a guy about the corn, and he walked over to show me it. He then made the determination that the corn wasn't as fresh as it could be, but if I still wanted it, I could have it at no cost. Sure thing, it looks fine to me. And so I walked away with five free ears of corn. Then, not even a minute later, I'm in front of the homemade salsa debating the merits of bringing home the pico de gallo or the mango salsa. As I was telling Rick over the phone that the last time we got the mango stuff, it was a little too hot for my taste buds, the guy stocking the shelves turns around and introduces himself to me as the Salsa Guy. Profusely apologizes for my less-than-stellar experience. Tells me to call ahead next time and he'll make it less spicy for me. And for my trouble, "why don't you have this mango salsa on me," as he scratches out the UPC code and writes, "I made her cry. Sorry. The Salsa Guy." Rick couldn't believe it. He said he was going to send me grocery shopping on my own more often. :)
Cell Phone Gods are Smiling -- after a year of having moved to a new office and not having any cell coverage with T-Mobile, all of a sudden the signal came on, cell phones starting syncing and colleagues came running out of their offices to make sure it wasn't some cruel April Fool's Day joke. Alas, after my long wait, my time to be reconnected to my cell phone has come. Hallelujah.
Big Purchase
We bit the bullet and made a big purchase together. A 52" LCD, high definition television. Of course, that means we need to upgrade our television programming package to HD, and after much research and debate, we decided to cancel Directv and go with Comcast. Ultimately it will cut my costs down by nearly $50/month because I can now cancel my unnecessary home phone. Plus with Comcast, Rick will then get his precious Golf Channel in HD, just in time for the Masters Tournament this weekend. How much do I love this man??
So all in all, things are going along swimmingly. Haven't told Mom or Dad that Rick is moving in yet, though I'm not to caught up in what they'll say. Just looking for the right opportunity so Mom doesn't have a complete melt down.
We're two months from our trip to Europe, so that's going to be here before we know it too.
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment