Sunday, October 14, 2007

bleck

Today didn't turn out to be as relaxing as I'd expected, especially given the ease of recuperation for the past two days. Not sure if it's the pain meds, stomach acid or what, but the sherbet lunch didn't agree with me, and for most of the day, I've been paying for it. I also feel a slight sore throat coming on, so I suspect I may be dealing with a cold soon too if I'm not careful.

I will say that the one thing that has made the last couple of days bearable is access to Netflix online. Instead of waiting for a movie to show up in the mail, there's a library of movies that I can watch instantly on my laptop. Curled up next to me in bed, my trusty laptop has been playing movie after movie, keeping me occupied. And also forcing me to check out movies that probably would never have made it to the top of my Netflix queue any way.

Well, need to get lots of rest and sleep tonight. I'm due back at work tomorrow and have quite a bit going on this week. Rick's doing much better and he'll be heading back to work tomorrow as well. Hopefully we now have this "down time" behind us and can get back to our regularly scheduled lives.

2 comments:

JRE Writes said...

start taking Cold Ease right away and chugging OJ. Hope you're 100 percent soon!

Laura said...

Can you drink tea? A nice cup of raspberry leaf or peppermint brew will calm your tummy and feel good on a sore throat. Feel better soon! Maybe I'll send my little bumble of joy to dole out some healing hugs. =)