I'm glad to be out of the hospital environment too! During his surgery I was subjected to hours and hours of grating Dora the Explorer. Background noise for an hour, I can handle. Four hours of it while I wait and wonder how Rick is doing, not a good combination. The overnight stay was rough too. Not sure how Rick was able to endure the two-hour interval for vitals. I was curled up on the "guest" bed/futon and my back was not too happy with me. But how could I, in good conscience, sleep in a comfy bed while he was connected to an IV in a hospital bed?
Last night, we took advantage of the down time to watch the last of the "Long Way Round" documentary of Ewan McGregor and his pal Charley Boorman as they ride their motorcycles from London to New York, across the great expanse of Russia and Mongolia. Truly addicting!
To document the experience, I had my camera with me:
Crack of dawn; getting ready to head to the hospital
Post-op; admitted to the hospital for observation
Yea! We get to go home
One last thing before we leave; Time to "come out of the closet"
Too bad he won't have the "mask" on during Halloween. I keep picturing a pig nose strapped on him. :) Now, the countdown until my turn as the patient. My wisdom teeth are coming out next Friday.
2 comments:
what a good woman and what a lucky guy!
dude, where was your ipod to counteract that little piss-ant Dora?
And we looooooooooove Long Way Round - I can't WAIT until Long Way Down airs, I think it's this month...
Post a Comment