Monday, February 11, 2008

on hold

Screech. Halt. England, Ireland and Scotland will all have to wait.

My inner travel agent has been paused by the news of my friend Helena and her fiance. Instead of celebrating their union this August in Europe, they will be proud new parents of a little one in July. So very excited for them! And so the kink in their plans...their wedding is going to be postponed until August 2009 so that they can focus on their growing family, and so that they can have a 1-year old instead of a 1-month old at their wedding.

So I get a reprieve and another 18 months to plan an epic three-week trip around the UK and Ireland. Though sad I must wait so long for this highly anticipated vacation.

What to do this year? I've got three weeks of vacation that I have to use. Rick doesn't have any vacation time now that he's started a new job. And I'm on the brink of taking a new role which will likely limit my ability to take off weeks at a time. So if I take two weeks during Christmas, I need to decide how and when I want to use the remaining week of time. I'm thinking leave the dogs behind with Rick and get some R&R in the sun....

No comments: