Friday, February 15, 2008

valentine goodness

I can safely say that yesterday was a eventful day, and not just for the traditional Valentine's Day reasons.

The Job
I've been on the hunt for the next greatest job in the entire world. I know, that's a tall order, but I figured something would pique my interest. And so after two months of networking and self-marketing, And so as I was driving into work at 9 am, I received the call where I was offered a great role with a very cool team. So very excited for this opportunity. I can already tell that it will work me to the core, but I'm up for it. And so I start my new adventure on the 25th.

New Toy
As soon as I walked into the office to share the great news with my colleagues (who were already aware of my impending new opportunity), I had a package waiting for me. A brand new laptop to replace the piece of crap that I'd been suffering with for some time now. Like a kid in a candy factory, I spent the morning transfering files and customizing settings so that I could fully enjoy my new toy.

Team Bonding
My current manager is on the brink of child delivery and so in honor of her due date and Valentine's Day, our whole team set out for lunch where we had a wonderful meal and fostered our "team bonding." I really am going to miss most of my teammates.

Delivery for Moi
As soon as we got back from lunch, I was notified that I had a flower delivery at reception. Rick had sent me some beautiful red roses to commemorate the Hallmark Holiday and to celebrate my new job.

Home Again
We both got off work a little late last night, but Rick had beat me home and as I walked in the door, I could see that all of the lights were out, save some flickering in the kitchen. I walked down the hallway and there on the table was a huge, homemade card from Rick with another red rose. Attached to the rose was a little bag, and inside was a beautiful handmade glass heart pendant. Since we didn't have any reservations, we capped off the evening with a lowkey dinner at Claim Jumper. Our sushi joint of choice was already packed and we were starving.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a fun and exciting day. Congratulations on the new adventure.

JRE Writes said...

that sounds like a wonderful, perfect Valentine's Day!