Friday, February 22, 2008

wiped out

It's official -- I'm in between jobs, at least for the weekend. Sort of. I've packed up my old office, have transitioned all of my projects. Of course, I've already been getting emails for my new job, and there's a lot going on there, so I'm trying to ramp on that as fast as I can. Calm before the storm. I better take advantage of this weekend, because I have a feeling that I'll be in social hiding until I can get on top of the work coming at me from the new job.

Other than that, I've been trying to make some positive changes in my personal schedule. With Rick having to be at work early most of the week, I'm now getting up with him and getting to the gym for a 45-minute workout before I head into the office. I'm finding that the days he leaves early are the best days for me to get my butt out of bed. And I'm actually enjoying the extra energy I have when I get to the office. Two weeks and so far so good. Especially when I plan ahead and pack my clothes the night before so that I can just pick up my gym bag and go.

I'm also re-entering the world of golf again. With all of the nice weather, Rick's been at the driving range quite a bit. I've joined him a couple of times and was quite pleased to see that I wasn't as rusty as I expected.

I also bit the bullet and dedicated time last weekend to working on my taxes. So nice to have that out of the way. Now just need to get Rick to start working on his.

It would be nice to use this weekend to do some spring cleaning and de-clutter the house, but I'm just really tired to even try and tackle that project. And I'm already anticipating that I won't get to sleep in with the dogs barking at the crack of dawn. I think I just need to get on a new schedule now --up at the crack of dawn and early to bed.

No comments: