I haven't been voted off yet, so that's a good sign. I've just finished my first two weeks in my new job, and boy, I knew it was going to be a doozy. My first day on the job was T minus 5 days until a HUGE event, and I had to jump right in and start making an immediate impact. I have a great support team around me, so I was able to hit the ground running.
The past two weeks have consisted of early mornings and late nights, and averaging 12 hour days. So this weekend was something I'd been looking forward to for awhile. Time to relax, decompress and assess what's next.
I'm loving the new job and my new team. In fact, I was getting kudos for a "job well done" for the event, which was a little hard for me to take credit for since so much had been done well before I ever joined the team.
Ironically, I got a phone call this week from a recruiter from that company where I was pursuing (what I deemed at the time to be) the "job of a lifetime" last Fall. They've got yet another role to fill -- but since they didn't snatch me up the first time around, they've missed out on their opportunity to get me on their team.
I did a little ...er rather lot of retail therapy today and am avoiding the work I need to get done this weekend prior to Monday morning.
Anyhow, a quick shout out to my cousin Rachel who had a beautiful little boy a week or so ago.
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
omg, i can't believe the contactd you now! of course, knowing who is now employed there...
Post a Comment