Monday, April 21, 2008

jekyll and hyde

Isn't there a saying "give a dog a job to keep him happy"? Well, whatever the saying is, I think it's more like, "give the dog a job to keep 'mom' happy."

We call Zoe our little Mexican jumping bean because she can't seem to keep her feet on the ground. At the end of a long work day, she's all wound up because we haven't been home, and so then she takes every opportunity to antagonize Beaux -- who could really care less about playing.

Usually it doesn't bother me, but boy howdy, there are times where I just want to yell out, "children, knock it off!"

Somewhere along the way we got the idea of "weight therapy." If Zoe were to be weighted down, would that calm her hyperactive nerves? So when we saw a Boxer at the MS Walk with a doggy daypack on, it got us thinking.

And so in an effort to preserve our sanity we bought a "new outfit" for Zoe. And what a difference it's made. It's quiet time in the house, not a creature is stirring. She is as calm, as calm can be.
I love my Zen Zoe weighted down with two water bottles. :)


2 comments:

Laura said...

Hmm, wonder if they make that harness in a bumble size?

redheadmomma said...

I do believe Zoe has a sensory processing disorder! That tickles me pink! :)