Was it Memorial Day only last weekend? Rick's grandma came into town with her sister, brother and his wife and spent the weekends with us, while heading up to Port Townsend during the week to spend time with a distant cousin.
It was so nice to have them stay with us. He really does have a great family and they are so welcoming to me. Part of me really likes having "grand parent types" as I didn't really have my grand parents around growing up. It's always just been our immediate family. Rick is the complete opposite. He has an incredible support system with his extended family, but didn't grow up with a father or siblings -- just he and his mom.
The only downside was that their stay merged into our Memorial Day weekend. I had gotten VIP tickets for Sasquatch on Saturday at the Gorge thinking that the family was flying out on Saturday morning, only to realize that they were not leaving until Sunday morning. And so we couldn't go to the concert, and had to forgo our pet sitter and accommodations that I'd lined up so we could enjoy Modest Mouse and REM. On the bright side, some good friends were able to use the tickets, and in hindsight, we were probably grateful we weren't the ones sitting in the pouring rain to hear REM.
So the next two months are going to be busy with travel. Rick and I head down to Phoenix tonight to see my sister and his hometown friend. And then my work trips are rolling in. A day trip to San Francisco next week, followed by a whirlwind business trip two weeks last to the UK, Germany, Italy and France. Hoping to cap off that trip with a pit stop in Minnesota to meet up with Rick where he'll be playing in a golf tournament.
Back home for a few weeks and then a couple of trips back to California for work in July and August. At least I get to replenish the frequent flier miles I spent to get the tickets to Bangkok in November.
I don't think I've had such a busy travel schedule since my 30th birthday year where I took a combination of personal and business trips to Mexico, Atlanta, London, Paris and Australia in a six month period.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lucky! Oh, how I love to travel!
Will you be in town on 7/12 for Glen's 1st birthday party?
So envious. Keep us posted on all of your jet setting.
Post a Comment